Client Interaction Policy
My requirements of clients:
1. Sessions begin and end at scheduled times. Sessions that begin late because the client arrived late end at the appointed time and remain at full price.
2. Be present (not under the influence or alcohol or drugs).
3. Clients provide a complete health history and update when necessary.
4. If cancellation is necessary, please give 24-hour notice or you are charged for the appointment unless it can be filled. Emergency cancellations are determined at the practitioner’s discretion. "No-call, no-show" appointments are subject to 100% charge.
5. Payment is expected at the time service is rendered. Checks that "bounce" are subject to an additional charge.
6. Sexual harassment is not tolerated. If the practitioner’s safety feels compromised, the session is ended immediately.
7. Be clean, having showered the same day as the treatment if possible.
8. Do not eat a heavy meal within the previous two hours to the treatment.
What clients can expect from me:
1. I provide my clients with a competent and professional massage each time they come for an appointment, addressing the client’s specific needs for that session.
2. I return calls within 24 to 48 hours, unless I am out of town (I will provide notice of unavailability).
3. Clients are treated with respect and dignity.
4. Payment is due at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made prior to treatment. I accept cash, checks and major credit cards.
5. I do not provide direct billing for insurance. I will gladly assist clients in filling out the appropriate forms.
6. I perform services for which I am qualified (physically and emotionally) and able to do, and refer my clients to appropriate specialists when work is not within my scope of practice or not in the client’s best interest.
7. I keep accurate records and review charts before each session.
8. I customize my treatment to meet the client’s needs.
9. I stay current with information and techniques by reading, receiving regular sessions (of the same service I provide) and taking at least one workshop per year.
10. I respect all clients regardless of their age, gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, body type, political affiliation, state of health, or personal habits.
11. Privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
12. If I need to cancel an appointment, I do so within 24 hours whenever possible. If an emergency arises and I cannot keep an appointment, I provide a 50 percent discount on a client’s next session. For nonemergency cancellations of less than 24 hours, the next session is at no charge.
13. My equipment and supplies are clean and safe.
14. Personal and professional boundaries are respected at all times.
15. If a client is dissatisfied with a treatment, and no other arrangement can be agreed upon, a 50 percent refund of the treatment is honored.
16. Clients are draped with a sheet at all times during the session. Only parts of the body being worked on are exposed at any time.
Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Massage sessions are not of a sexual nature. Sexual or provocative behavior during a massage session is always unethical and inappropriate. Such behavior will result in immediate termination of the session with payment due in full. Future appointments will be denied.