Jane Neldon, Licensed Massage Therapist
Jane Neldon, LMT specializes in the modalities of Swedish, Therapeutic, Oncology, and Deep Tissue massage therapy, with a strong emphasis on relaxation. She also takes deep pride in being able to alleviate muscle tension rooted from anxiety and other built up emotions.
"I believe that our bodies and minds have become over-stimulated and over-worked by societal expectations, to a point where our brains think that it's "normal" to be in a stressed state. My goal is to re-train your central nervous system to allow your mind, body, and soul to relax and let go. I want to help you to know how amazing your body is designed to feel and function. Once you're able to accomplish this, you'll love your body and will be more inclined to treat it well. Afterall, we only have one! Let massage therapy provide you with the relief your muscles deserve."
Jane graduated from the National Massage Therapy Institute in Falls Church, Virginia in May 2011.
Jane is a native of McLean, Virginia and moved to Charlottesville, Virginia in 2011 soon after completing massage therapy school to kick-off her career as a Massage Therapist in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. After years of dreaming and planning, Commonwealth Massage Therapy, LLC was founded in early 2015.
Certifications & Professsional Organizations
- Licensed Massage Therapist through the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health Professions: Board of Nursing
- Board Certified in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).
- Member of the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP).
- Preferred Practitioner with the Society for Oncology Massage (S4OM).
- 2014: Tracy Walton's "Caring for Clients with Cancer" course.
- 2016: Healwell's "Oncology Massage Intensive" course.
- Certified by Nefeli, Corp in Gua Sha Jade Stone Facial & Neck Rejuvenation.
800 E. High Street
inside the Shala Center, by Appointment Only